With all of that in mind, here's how to upload files to your Google Drive:
- Click the "Upload" button to the right of the "Create" button.
- Select "Files".
- Find and select the file(s) you want to upload and click "Open". TIP: You can select multiple files to upload by holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard while you select the files with the mouse.
- The Upload settings window will appear.
- If you are uploading documents, spreadsheets, or presentations and you want to convert them to the Google Documents format, select the "Convert documents, spreadsheets, presentations..." option.
- If you are uploading PDF files or photos and you would like Google Drive to try and extract the text from these files and insert it into a new Google document, select the "Convert text from PDF and images..." option.
- Click "Start upload".
- A small progress window will appear displaying the progress of the files upload and conversion
- Once the upload and conversion is complete, the files and documents will appear in your Google Drive.
- Files that have been converted will appear with Google Document, Spreadsheet and Presentation icons.
- Unconverted files will NOT appear with Google icons.
There are additional ways to upload files (and entire folders) to your Google Drive, but this will get you started.