This is a terrific way for students to peer review each others' work without any worries about work being lost or modified. It's also a great way to get feedback on a Document without losing control of the actual content.
- Share a Document and give the collaborators "Can comment" or "Can edit" privileges (see the instructions from Day 4 - Sharing a Document). Collaborators with "Can view" privileges will not be able to insert Comments
- Highlight/select the text in the Document where you want to insert the Comment
- Click the "Insert" menu at the top of the Document and select "Comment"
- A Comment box will appear in the margin on the right. Type your comment and click "Comment"
- Your Comment will be visible to all other collaborators. They will also receive an email notification that you've left a Comment in the Document
- Another collaborator can reply to a Comment by clicking on the original, typing a reply, and clicking "Reply"
- A Comment can be marked as "Resolved" by clicking the "Resolve" button. The Comment will disappear from the margin of the Document
- Any resolved Comments can be viewed (and even re-opened) by clicking the "Comments" button at the top of the Document