- Do they have the same software (and version) on their computer (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)?
- Do they have a PC or a Mac?
- Who has the version of the document with the latest changes?
When Sharing a Document in Google Drive, all the work is done within a web browser and revisions are tracked so that you can rollback to a previous version at any time. You can work together on the Document at different times or work in real-time and see each other’s changes and edits live. Here are the basics on how to share a Document with someone else:
- Create a new Google Document (or open an existing Docuement) using the instructions from "Day 2 - Create a New Document"
- Click the “Share” button at the upper right corner of the document
- In the “Add people” field, enter the email address of the person you would like to share the Document with
- Choose whether they “Can edit”, “Can comment” or “Can view” the Document
- Click "Send"
- Click "Done"
Sharing a Google Document is as simple as that! In tomorrow's tip, we'll go into more detail about the different levels of Sharing you can give people.