There are a number of different ways to share a folder, but here's the most straightforward method.
- In the Documents and files list, select the folder to share by clicking the checkbox next to its name
- Click the "Share" button (with the person icon) that appears at the top of the list
- In the “Invite people” field, enter the email address of the person you would like to share the folder with
- Choose whether they “Can edit" or “Can view” the folder and its contents
- Click "Send"
- Click "Done"
- The icon of the folder will change to show that the folder is shared
Any Documents or files that are moved into the shared folder will automatically inherit the sharing settings of the folder. This makes it simple to share Documents and files with specific or groups of people (colleagues or students).