Create a Folder
- When in Google Drive, click the "Create" button on the left and click on "Folder"
- Enter a name for the new folder and click "Create"
- The new folder will appear under "My Drive" on the left and also in the list of Documents and files on the right
- You can open the folder either by clicking on its name under "My Drive" on the left or by clicking on it in the list of Documents and files on the right
Add Documents and Files to a Folder
Once you've created folders, you can add Documents and files to the folders to organize them. There are a number of different ways to move Documents and files into a folder, but here's the most straightforward method.
- In the Documents and files list, select the Documents or files to add to a folder by clicking the checkboxes next to their names
- Click the "Move to" button (with the Folder icon) that appears at the top of the list
- Select the folder where you would like to move the Documents or files
- Click "Apply changes"
- The Documents and files that were moved will no longer appear within "My Drive"
- If you click on the name of the folder on the left, the Documents and files that are within that folder will appear in the list on the right